Workswell Wiris – thermal imaging camera for drones
Workswell WIRIS thermal imaging system for unmanned aircraft is a compact system that combines thermal camera, a digital camera and a control unit.
Workswell WIRIS is revolutionary between the thermal imaging systems primarily due to its possibility of full control in real time during the fly via very standard RC controller. Remotely, it is possible to view and store fully radiometric image data (images and video) – ie. records that retain all the information about the capturing parameters, which can be subsequently fully processed in the supplied software.
Unprecedented on similar systems is setting the manual range of temperature scale, which guarantees a constant color scheme of images – ie. a certain temperature has always the same color, whether the object is in an warm or cold environment. In addition, the user can quickly remotely define alarm limits, select one from 14 types of color palettes, set the value of the emissivity, reflected temperature and other parameters, search for and measure themaximum and minimum temperature in the measurement area or measuring the temperature in the middle of frame. The system remembers all settings of the moment before shutting down, so by the repeated measurements is not necessary to re-define the system, you need just turn it on and you can measure.
Advantages of the Workswell’s WIRIS
- You can use it in a day or night, even in complete darkness
- You can search objects through the fog, thick smoke and partly through the vegetation
- You can control the system during thy fly via very standard RC controller
- You can record radiometric data (video and images) – storing temperature values, not only image data, i.e. the possibility of subsequent analysis and editing of obtained data
- One touch system for saving all images (thermal, visible, alarm) at the same time
- Looking for maximum and minimum values, correction parameters (emissivity, reflected temperature, humidity …)
- Manual adjustment of temperature scale – contrary to automated systems this ensures color uniformity measured temperatures, thus a better interpretation of images
- Great zoom of thermal camera – continuous up to 14x digital zoom (digital camera has zoom up to 16x)
- You can link the image temperature data with the value from an external GPS receiver
- 14 color temperature palettes, 2 image modes (Thermal, Visible), 4 alarm modes (Above, Below, Between, Above & Below)
- Software for image analysis, video editing, export to AVI, GPS tracking and measuring
Zoom - get closer to objects of your interest by using continuous digital zoom
Recording - you can take up to 80 000 of radiometric images, or record up to 2 hours of radiometric video
Inputs - the system allows you to remotely control all its functions using 2 to 8 channels of your UAV controller
GPS - connect an external GPS and see exactly where images and videos were taken
Modes and alarms of the Workswell WIRIS
The aim of the whole system is the simple transfer, storage and processing of radiometric (temperature) data directly from a UAV (drone) and displaying the data on the screen of the remote control in real time. The system offers three picture modes that can be set by the operator using the keyboard prior to take off. During the flight, the operator can switch between the modes using the UAV remote control.
Standard Infrared image
Standard mode allows users to set different color palettes, Max and Min temperature analysis, set automatic or manual temperature range and displays all the data on the operator’s controller on the ground.
Alarm (security) mode
Alarm mode allows users to set limit temperature and see (find) only objects (places) with higher or lower temperature than is set, eventually temperatures between or above and below two limit values. This is the key mode for security and industrial applications. Max and Min analysis is also available in this mode.
Digital camera mode
Digital camera mode allows the operator to see the area in the visible spectrum. Parallel view of digital camera enables better orientation in space and user can easy guide the drone above the desired location.
- Workswell WIRIS thermal imaging system
- Your chosen lens
- Calibration certificate
- USB Flash drive 32Gb
- HDMI cable
- Servo connectors (PWM)
- Power supply cable
- Software “Workswell CorePlayer” licence
- Software "Workswell ThermoFormat" licence
- Hard transport case